Welcome to SBBK
SBBK stands for Small Business Bookkeeping (Services & Solutions).
Founded in 2008, SBBK Services & Solutions, LLC is an independent accounting & bookkeeping consulting firm that specializes in recording and reporting the financial effects of your business.
We are dedicated to providing personalized services that cater to each specific client and your needs.
SBBK offers an effective hands on approach that combines technology & administrative functions and utilizes the full range of the financial transaction processes both onsite and via secure remote services.
Whether you need to establish a daily, weekly, or monthly bookkeeping routine we will implement strategic processes for your financial activities from your banking institutions into your books.
- Professional Member of NABA, Inc. (2013-2020)
- Quickbooks Pro-Advisor (2014-2020)
- ADP Payroll Certified
Accounting Software Set-up & Training
- GAAP Standardization
- Maryland Dept, of Transportation (MDOT) Certified (MBE/DME/SBE)
Request a consultation!
What we are known for
Bookkeeping & Accounting Services
WHY WE'RE QUALIFIED
We are a women owned minority small business with an excellent track record in bookkeeping and accounting.
Our core goals include:
- Establishing partnerships to provide great bookkeeping services.
- Serving as the liaison between your business operations and Certified Public (tax) Accountants.
- Assisting in keeping a proper set of books throughout the year.
- Streamlining an affordable solution to meet your goals.
Bookkeeping for us is more than just numbers on a page. It is about the health and well-being of those who entrust us with their businesses.
For that reason, we are incredibly diligent in the execution of our work and in the details of our client accounts.
We work consistently to not only earn your business but to maintain it.
President & Financial Director
Need professional bookkeeping and accounting consultation?
Reach out to us. We want to hear from you.
Meet our industry experts
Our team has exceptional talent with day-to-day business operations.
We have held positions in almost all areas in accounting. As such, we know what it takes for businesses to gain control of functioning records.
Opportunities to work with us
We are looking for new team members!
Email us email@example.com with your cover letter & resume
Staff Accountant Job Responsibilities:
Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements.
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Staff Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Accounting, SFAS Rules, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills
Your background must have at least three years of progressive accounting experience and an eagerness to build your career within a forever company. At the Full Charge Bookkeeper you will be responsible for all aspects of accounting start to finish including vendor management and organization assets.
Full Charge Bookkeeper Responsibilities include:
- Managing the G/L, all entries and accounts through QuickBooks.
- Month end and year end.
- Processes biweekly payroll in-house.
- Holds responsibility for accounts payable and account receivable duties.
- All organization contracts, negotiation, vendor management and reimbursement claims.
- Answer phone calls and administrative duties.
- Experience with grants and grant reimbursement is preferred.
- Expert level in QuickBooks including processing of in-house payroll.
- Strong knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to exceed deadlines and multitask without error.
We are looking for an skilled bookkeeper to record all financial transactions, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments. You will post information to accounting journals/software and reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger and general ledger
Bring the books to the trial balance stage
Perform partial checks of the posting process
Complete tax forms
Enter data, maintain records and lunch reports and financial statements
Process accounts receivable/payable and handle payroll in a timely manner
Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
Responsible for the general accounting function including preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules and ledgers and account and bank reconciliations. Assisting with monthly closings and account analysis and supporting the senior accountant in carrying out the responsibilities of the accounting department.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries
- Complete general ledger operations
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Reconcile and maintain balance sheet accounts
- Draw up monthly financial reports
- Prepare analysis of accounts as requested
- Assist with year end closings
- Administer accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Prepare tax computations and returns
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts
- Assist with payroll administration
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of finance principles
- Knowledge of financial reporting
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding accounting, finances and taxation
- Technical accounting skills
- Previous experience of general accounting
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organizing
- Scheduling and monitoring
- Communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
Common Office Administrator Job Duties
- Assists office staff in maintaining files and databases
- Prepares reports, presentations, memorandums, proposals and correspondence
- Assigns jobs and duties to office staff as needed
- Monitors office operations
- Schedules appointments and meetings for executives and upper level staff
- Serves as the go-to for office inquiries and conflicts
- Manages staff schedules
- Tracks office supply inventory and approves supply orders
- Assists in the preparation of department budgets and expenses
- Supervises all administrative personnel
Common Office Administrator Job Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible
- Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Maintains staff confidentiality
- Working knowledge of email, scheduling, spreadsheets and presentation software
Common Office Administrator Job Requirements
- 2 years or more related experience
- Minimum: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Associates Degree or Higher
Rita (SBBK President) is my favorite bookkeeper who has been doing my bookkeeping for over 10 years. She is thorough, quick, on time and very knowledgeable, a true professional!
Managing Partner, Cunningham Investments
SBBK has been an invaluable partner in my journey of developing my business. Rita has an expansive knowledge and expertise in accounting and other area essential to business success.
Linda McGee, MD
Physcian, Metropolitan Elite Family Practice, LLC
SBBK was a lifesaver for our organization. Ms. Kumi’s extensive knowledge of non profit accounting and bookkeeping structures helped us to become more efficient and eliminate costly mistakes.
Executive Director, The Association of Black Psychologists
Request a consultation
Let's discuss if we are the right fit for you
We are ready to work with you!
Would you like to request a consultations? We’d like to hear from you!
Maryland Corporate Center 3. Lanham, MD 20706
Monday 9 am - 5 pm
Tuesday 9 am - 5 pm
Wednesday 9 am - 5 pm
Thursday 9 am - 5 pm